Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Crimson Rain

T'was a sunny day when Miguel went out of his den he called a dungeon. Not a cloud in the sky. He said to himself, 'Tis a a wonderful day this is.' As he walked to a run down shack he called his workplace.

As he was going about his business, he heard a knock on the door. 'Who is there?' he asked.

'Thou hast post, sir,' said the voice from outside.

'A letter for me?' he thought. 'From who I wonder.' He opened the door, took the letter, and nodded a thank you at the post bearer.

'Tis from my beloved,' he said with delight. He opened the letter and started reading.

'My beloved Miguel,

'How has my beloved been doing these past weeks? As for me I have been doing well with my academics. The letters you've sent me was all I needed to keep my spirits up and about.

'I am glad,' Miguel thought as he pulled up a chair and sat. He continued reading.

'The other day, I had our favorite dish for lunch. The oriental noodles that you love so much. T'was wonderful. It reminded me of the times when we had lunches together. Not just lunches, every meal.

Miguel placed the letter on his desk and stood up. He looked out the window and gazed upon a cloudless sky. 'The day shares with my mirth,' he said. He opened every window and breathed deeply. He went over to his desk and cotinued reading by the window.

'Do you remember the time when we first met? You hit a lamp post while you were walking because you couldn't take your eyes off me. I had to keep myself from laughing.

Miguel felt a little breeze fpon his neck. Clouds were starting to show. He went and sat on the chair he was sitting on earlier.

'These past few days, I have been lost in thought. I have been wondering about the life I could have given you if not for my being far from you. I am sorry, my beloved.

A sudden gust blew and shut a window shattering the window pane. With a sigh, he stood up and picked up a piece of glass. He stared at the broken glass and threw it back on the floor. He continued reading.

'I have to go away for a while and shall continue my academics elsewhere. I can not bear the thought of you not with me. Everything here reminds me of you. I wish I could read more of your letters. I wish we could eat more meals together. I wish we could still laugh together.

'To you my beloved, I bid you farewell.

As Miguel read the last word from his beloved's letter, rain began to pour. He could no longer read his belove's name for the paper absorbed blood and blotted his beloved's name. He didn't notice his finger was cut by the shard he picked up and threw away.

The rain seemed endless as Miguel held onto his beloved's letter until it was completely stained with blood.

No comments: