Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

9th ToyCon Philippines, Day 2

The 9th Philippine Toys, Hobbies & Collectibles Convention 2010 Is a two-day event that happened on the 19th and 20th of June 2010 at Megatrade Halls 2 and 3 of SM Mega Mall. It featured DC Comics' 75th Anniversary. Thus, most of the games were themed after the DC brand. I'm not really a DC fan but I enjoyed the day's events. I'm more a Marvel guy. (So I copied the first paragraph from day one, big deal. This time, on the picture is the stamp on my right arm.)


Day 2, 20 June 2010.

I went to the convention a little later than day one. I thought with day one's lines, I'd wait for it to go away first before I enter the convention hall. Besides, there's nothing there that I haven't seen yet from day one. When I got to the trade halls' floor, I was wrong. There was no long line. It was pretty much like the situation at the department store.

I went in, and guess who was the first one to greet me. Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers. Well, at this time, he was pretty much the only one in costume. I took a snapshot of him and then I went around the exhibit hall. Still not as bustling as yesterday. Some of the booths weren't even open, yet. There were, however, life size sculptures of super-heroes such as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and Thor.

I took some time to browse some CD's from one of the booths. They had a lot of Orange Range (Japanese band) CD's. Most of them were EP's. It made me realize that the Japanese artists released a lot of EP's during their careers.

With lunch time over and many families arrive, plus, it's Father's Day, the event hall started to get a little bit crowded. I found myself gradually, being drowned in a sea of spectators, wanting to take snapshots of the Cosplayers and getting great deals on toys and stuff. All of a sudden, there were a lot of people at the event hall. I couldn't go around as much as I wanted to. I had to go out for more space. So I did, and lo there were still more people outside, and a lot of Cosplayers, too. And look, a couple of familiar characters; The Queen of Hearts (Off with his head!), and Captain Jack Sparrow. Ah, the captain was probably the one who had the most pictures taken on this day. People were following him and having their pictures taken with him.


It was a long day for me. My feet were tired. Even though the event wasn't over, I wanted to go home to rest my feet. But before I left I thought to myself, 'I never had my picture taken at any of these events.' So I decide to have one taken, and I did. I had my picture taken as a Sunflower from the game, Plants VS. Zombies.

Until next year again for the next Toy Convention, or next time for the next event. Whatever that would be. See you.

No comments: