Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Juken Sentai Gekiranger VS Power Rangers Jungle Fury


As many of us already know, The Power Rangers' version comes right after the Super Sentai version. This year's Power Ranger title, Jungle Fury, is from the Super Sentai series, Juken Sentai Gekiranger.


I consider Gekiranger to be one of my favorites, another would be Gosei Sentai Dairanger. Both almost have the same team. Almost. Both are based on martial arts techniques. And take note on both Sentai's roll call. Sugoi.


Tonikaku. I'm not much of a Power Ranger watcher but I do watch key episodes; the special ones. It's the first time I've seen major differences between the Super Sentai and Power Ranger versions:

First, different morphers. The Gekirangers use the Gekichangers, placed on their hands. They look like knuckle weapons when they make a fist. Maybe that's why they are The Beast Fist Taskforce. However, the Jungle Fury Rangers use Solar Morphers, morphers in the form of sunglasses. Second: The roll call. So far the Power Rangers' roll call are quite short and lack the 'flashyness' of its Super Sentai counterpart.


I have to give credit to the Power Rangers Jungle Fury for making an effort in changing some points in the series. It's like the original Power Rangers of long ago. But, I'm still putting my hats out to the Super Sentai. Without them, there would be no Power Rangers.

No comments: