Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter


Where would I be without this wonderful, wonderful novel. Well, not many people would like it; especially the passive ones. But this is a very entertaining read. I only came across this book when I was browsing through National Book Store. I read the synopsis, bought a copy. Now I've read the 2nd novel; Dearly Devoted Dexter.


This book is written by Jeff Lindsay. It's about a serial killer who kills serial killers; Dexter Morgan. That alone got me hook, line, and sinker.


The kills were described so wonderfully. Bodies sliced up and neatly disposed of. No blood. Gift wrapped. Wait, there's more. The second book describes living slabs of meat; bodies cut up; no limbs, no lips, no teeth, no ears, no nose, no eyelids, but alive.


I know what you're thinking. "These books are sick!" Well, they would be for most people but for me it's witty. It's catchy. And I like it.


Like I said, it's not for many people. It's witty and suspenseful. You should give it a read even if it's just the first book.

1 comment:

Kristin Shimizu said...

Hmm psychic or what? I watch Dexter on Showtime cable! LOL what a coincidence we're hooked on it.