Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom


The Forbidden Kingdom... The first time Jackie Chan and Jet Li come together in a movie.


How should I start? As far as I'm concerned, I have been waiting for this movie. I mean this is huge; Jackie Chan and Jet Li. But I can't say much about the story. It was very simple and straightforward. Hey, they were probably after the masses. There were a little surprises though... Some wee bit predictable surprises. But surprises and twists aren't the reason why I watch Jackie Chan movies. I watch them because of the action, the funny moments, and the use-the-environment fighting style.


As modern times come and give us great technology, the "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" kind of movies get better and better.


Anyway, the story is about the Monkey King. Yup, that's right. Son Goku. For those of you who don't know. Son Goku is the Monkey King.


Those who are fans of either Jackie Chan or Jet Li or both, you might want to see this movie. It's good. For those who are looking for movies that make the mind work, this isn't the movie for you.

No comments: