Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

ROTC, CAT, PMT... Bull Shit

I'm now here in my room at Dumaguete City watching the news. Besides the big deal news, there was one particular news that caught my attention; to bring back ROTC back into the curriculum. What?!

In my opinion, any military-related subject that is forced upon any student is a big waste of time. As far as I'm concerned, ROTC (and CAT, PMT) is the biggest waste of tuition fee ever in the history of education; marching under the heat of the sun, getting sunburn. For what? Reserve my ass. Let those who get into the PMA do the soldier job. That's what they're there for. Not all students want to be in reserve and I'm one of them.

Too many of my Sundays have been wasted on ROTC. Instead of doing projects, studying, or having fun, I'm inside a classroom learning nothing. Learning about the parts of an obsolete plane is a waste of time. Learning about the parts of obsolete weaponry is a waste of time. Listening to dumb ass officers that can't even pronounce the word 'fuselage' properly is a waste of time (say what mr. officer, fyus-leyj?). Learning about call signs and counter signs that you can learn on the Internet and on TV is a waste of time. Learning about the names of the officers that will someday be corrupt or dead (or both) is a wast of time. To sum it up, ROTC is worthless, useless, a big waste of time. If I wanted to learn about or be a part of the military, I would have joined the PMA. But no, I do NOT want to be a part of it or be one of its dogs. No intentions at all.

Don't expect me to give my life for this country's defence. I mean it.

No comments: