Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

My Umbrella... Ella... Ella... Ella

This is a short story about my wonderful umbrella.

I know that talking about a not-so-ordinary, inanimate object is not one of my biggest ideas, but I just love my umbrella. It looks like an ordinary umbrella because it is. The special thing about it is that it absolutely repels water. I don't know about other liquids though. No matter how strong the rain is, just give it a little shake and it's dry.

I bought my umbrella just before the onslaught of Basyang. That would be week or so ago. On that really cloudy day, I wasn't able to bring an umbrella to work simply because I didn't have one. When I got out of the house, there was no rain, it was just cloudy. Half-way to work, it started to drizzle. No challenge there. It was still early so I had my lunch at the mall. (Yes, Lunch. I went to work really late.) When it was time to head to work, it was raining. I decided to wait for the rain to stop but it didn't. I was forced to buy myself an umbrella at the mall. So I bought one. It's water repelling properties great.

I thought it was so at first, since it was new. Next time I used it. It was still repelling water like the big leaf that repels water. I forgot what leaf that is. Then again and again and again.

Earlier this evening on my way home, my umbrella was again tested. Up to now it still amazes me. I got home, and it's even more dry than I am.

Back when I bought it, I thought it was a waste. Now, I'm thinking, it was well worth the 300+ I paid for. So well worth it.

There you have it. A story about a not-so-ordinary, inanimate object that most of you may find... Ordinary.

No comments: