Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eau! Mizu!! Agua!!! Tubig!!!!

I remember the last time when the lights went out, candles blazing. Now, water.

Yesterday, the water supply to the area I'm living in got cut. Most likely without any warning or any announcement. Every one in our area didn't know until the supply was cut. I got up pretty early for work so I was still able to do my morning rituals that included water; bath, tooth brushing, and other stuff.

When I got home from work, EGAD! No water. My landlady told me that there was no water supply since morning. Made me thankful that I get up early. Unfortunately,no one knew when the supply was coming back. I wondered why the supply was cut. They say it was because the dam's (supplying our area) water lever was getting low. Just now? When there have been two weeks worth of heavy rains, now of all times? When El Nino was here, the supply wasn't that bad. I guess they just messed something up and are just too embarrassed to admit it.

Anyway. As sticky as I was, (having been to work at a place where inevitable, one would get sticky) I was in dire need of a shower. I decided to check myself in one of the hourly-rate hotels for six hours. Since I got home at 9 o'clock in the evening, I got to the place at around 10. For six hours, I'd be there long enough for a shower, a good night's sleep in an AC room (for the longest time, I was able to watch TV) and another shower before heading back home and get ready for work. All that for just Php 200+. Not bad.

Now for this day. Water supply is back. But just to be sure, I saved up enough water; two days worth. This time I'm ready.

No comments: