Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jumper


Anakin Skywalker is back. Oh, alright. It's not really Anakin. It's only Hayden Christensen.

This movie is about people who have the ability to teleport to enywhere they wanted. Much like the way Nightcrawler does but with out the puff off brimstone. These teleporting people are, as the movie suggests, called Jumpers. They are hunted by Paladins. And they have been on it for a very long time.

Paladins are ordinary humans with a credo that "Only God should be at many places at once." Thus, all Jumpers should die. Big boss Paladin is played by Samuel L. Jackson. Yup. Kick ass. War against good and evil. Only, you don't really know who's good and who's evil. There was no clear cut definition who.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a pretty good concept. The effects were very good, too. And the fight scenes were neat. Double decker bus on the loose. In your face jeep. The fights are everywhere. Sugoi. Sugoi. Sugoi.

However neat-o the movie seems to be, it is not without it's downside. I failed to see some twists in the story. It was pretty straightforward. It went like this; boy discovers powers, boy abuses powers, boy gets discovered, boy gets stupid (and I do mean stupid), fight, fight, fight, battle, battle, battle, end. Discovering that his mom was a Paladin wasn't much of a twist. It was more of a convenience as far as I was concerned.

Over all, it's a good movie... If I put a rating on it, I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

1 comment:

Kristin Shimizu said...

I watched this movie and it didn't make any sense to me then. But now, I wish I was a "jumper" too.