Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

ToyCon PH 2015 Day 3

I was able to attend the last day of The 2015 Philippine Toys, Hobbies, and Collectibles Convention late in the afternoon since I went to see San Andreas first.

As expected, the prices dropped. But unfortunately for me, my target pieces are already sold out. That was a gamble but it was fine. Come to think of it, I wasn't able to buy anything today except for something to eat. Nonetheless, I did not go home empty handed.

How?

Unlike the past two days, no freebies since it was already very late in the afternoon. While walking around, there was something hip happening at the Funko area. They were going away free, limited Funko items. I thought to myself, "This looks fun. Maybe I should try it out. Who knows. Maybe I'll get something."

The first giveaway was given to the person who was there the longest. The next two giveaways were literally thrown and whoever catches them, gets them. The last one, the prime prize; a Pop! Asia Funko 01: Freddy Funko. We had to jump, raise our hands, clap and party on to show Funko who really wanted it... No, not want, need.


So we jumped, raised our hands, clapped and partied like the area was a club. I actually felt that my legs were about to give with all that jumping. Seriously. When the time of choosing came, it was me who was given the prize and it felt awesome.


It's not everyday you get to win something this awesome. I think it's even my first time to win anything from ToyCon... ever. My precious. All that effort was worth it. Yeah. Thank you, Funko!

I wasn't expecting that a couple of collectors would approach me and offer to buy what I have just won. I had to refuse both of them to their disappointment. I was actually offended by one of the collectors' companion. She said. "Hindi mo naman mapapakinabangan yan kasi collector's item yan. (You won't benefit from that since it's a collector's item)." So I darted back and told her that I am a collector myself. The nerve. This isn't my first Pop!vinyl figure. It's my second; with Dancing Groot as my first.

After all that hype and excitement, went around the venue and passed by Cosplay Circle's booth. Alodia and Ashley were there playing a video game. I don't know what game since I could see through the very thick crowd. 

When the time came that I was about to leave, I realized I didn't take any pictures. So I took a few quick ones since I already have something to remember this day by.






Until next year for the 2016 Philippine Toys, Hobbies, and Collectibles Convention.

No comments: