Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cosplay X

Cosplay X. The tenth anniversary of cosplay in the Philippines. The event occurred on the 2nd and 3rd of October 2010 at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City.


I wasn't able to attend the first day but I was able to attend the second. There were a lot of cosplayers of different genres; from movies, to games, to anime, to comic books. One event hall could not accommodate the numbers.

I was surprised to see a lot of Final Fantasy VIII cosplayers, more specifically Squall. I wonder why there is a sudden boom in Squall cosplays. However, I didn't take any pictures of any of them this time around. There are also new ones like Kamen Rider Ozu, who has just been on air for a month now.




Exhibitors aplenty. Free installers for up and coming new on line games; toys; anime related memorabilia; accessories and trinkets; samplers for Sony's 3D entertainment pack (I gave this one a try. Sick!); costumes and other cosplay related articles; videos; and a lot more.

No comments: