Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Green Hornet

After work, I went straight to the mall, got myself a ticket and watched The Green Hornet, the hero that poses as a villain.

Green Hornet was originally a radio program back in the 1930's. I never knew that before today when the movie credits started showing; "Based on the Radio Program." What I did know was that there was a TV series and Bruce Lee starred as Kato. I used to watch that show when I was a boy.

This 2011 movie adaptation stars Seth Rogen as Britt Reid/Green Hornet, Jay Chou as Kato (a.k.a. Kato), and Cameron Diaz as Lenore Case. For those who think Chou looks kinda familiar, he played Takumi Fujiwara in the live action movie of Initial D.

Now on to the ratings. Visuals. This movie has a 3D and a non-3D version (I saw the non-3D). It probably looked nice in 3D but the non-3D is nice enough to look at. Story. There were some pretty good conflicts going around. Plus, the villain tries hard enough to become more villainous. Overall. For a GP movie, this one's pretty action-packed with quite a few surprises, and it has a lot of funny moments. Recommendations. See it on 3D if you want to but the non-3D will still have the same story. It's great for the masses and is a good movie to watch with the whole family. Since, there have been quite a lot of changes to the characters over the past 70 or so years, a little "nowadays" change wouldn't hurt.

Tomato rating: One tomato. Now cue the theme.

1 comment:

Felisa Daskeo said...

Great review. i wish I could watch the movie. It has been several years since I last went to a movie house. I prefer to watch the movies in skycable and movies at home.