Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cloverfield


The first time I saw Cloverfield's theatrical theater, I said to myslef, 'This looks interesting.' I mean it didn't have a title back then. All it said was it was a Bad Robot Production and its release date 1.8.2008. With just that information, searching the net reallly won't be much of any help.
One day, I was watching on YouTube. Then I saw it, the release date 1.08.2008, watched the video and that was it. Some of the videos had tentative titles on them. One of them being Cloverfield.
Cloverfield.
The day came and I went to see Cloverfield.
Giving a handycam feel to a monster movie. Sugoi. Cloverfield is like a cross between Blaire Witch and Godzilla, but the monster is nothing like Godzilla. Maybe they're the same size. Though the handycam feel is quite dizzying, it does give you a sense of realism and adds to the excitement.
Tell me about it. There were times when I plainly said, 'Hurry up and point the camera at it! I want to see.' If it were shot like an ordinary movie, it wouldn't be as awesome. But of course, it's not without its downside. Being that it's just shot through 'handycam', it doesnt' really have a clear cut start or end. I sat there thinking where the monster came from. What the hell happened next? There were questions everywhere. But alas, that's all the movie had to offer.
Funny. After the movie, a lady seated at the back of the theater sait, 'Yun lang? Ni hindi nga natin alam kung 'san galing yung impakto na 'yun. (That's it? We didn't even know where that monster come from.)' I second that remark.

No comments: