Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

EDSA at 25 and Prescription Condoms

Today, the people of the Philippines celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power revolution. Twenty five years ago today, the Marcos regime was overthrown ushering in the age of democracy for the Filipino.

Being on night shift, I got off work at six this morning. When I arrived at my usual bus stop, most of EDSA-Ortigas has already been closed off. That, of course, includes my usual bus stop. That means that the preparations have started the night before.

Come afternoon (of course I was asleep most of the day), on my way to work, I was able to see at least what was left of EDSA-Ortigas after the morning activities. The same sections were still closed off from traffic. There are still quite a number of people around the ESDA Shrine and most of them were wearing yellow. I guess the celebration would continue well into the night until the day is over.

One thing is for sure. Tomorrow morning, the street cleaners will have a very busy day. There are going to be tons of garbage and refuse left along that section of EDSA.

On a lighter note.

Those who are against the Reproductive Health Bill, you may rejoice. There is a new Barangay Ordinance being enforced at Ayala, Alabang. The ordinance states that, one may not purchase a condom from any establishment without a prescription from a licensed physician. The aim of this ordinance is to stop the use of contraceptives or to limit its use.


Of course, this is just a Barangay Ordinance. So if you are from Ayala, Alabang, you can just go to Festival Mall and get your condom since it's out of the barangay's jurisdiction.

Yes, people. Sometimes I do a little news, too.

No comments: