Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

TRON Legacy

I remember seeing TRON when I was just a little boy. Back then, its visual effects were amazing. I guess it was one of the best Science Fiction films of its time.

Earlier, I had the chance to see TRON Legacy. And just in time too, before all the MMFF films get on the big screen (Whew!). After almost three decades, the sequel to TRON has come. The movie stars Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund, and Olivia Wilde. Like the original TRON movie, Tron isn't the lead character. I wonder why the movie is titled after him. On with the details. Visuals. Both 2D and 3D versions look great but is better in 3D with all the special effects; shattering. Story. The story is quite linear and you can pretty much predict the outcome. But you can't argue with a Disney production for being such. It doesn't offer much to the occult following of the original movie either. Still, it's very entertaining. Overall tomato rating: Seven tomatoes.

Before the movie started, I had the chance to see previews of the up coming movies for 2011 and I'm pretty psyched to see them; Thor, Transformers 3, The Green Hornet, Red Riding Hood (pretty much like what they did to Snow White long ago), Real Steel, and the return of Captain Jack Sparrow.

No comments: